Wednesday 31 August 2011

CPD 23 Things September

We are getting towards the end of the 'Things' now, and I have read masses since this all started. Am still not spending much time with Twitter, but enjoying reading blogs, and continue to sign up for more each week. I also subscribe to LISLINK, and have several emails from Linked In with threads I'm following. LISLINK is great to learn about events, courses and the like, and I'm keen to be a member of local groups, get out and network etc. However, the events seem to center around anywhere but Devon. Perhaps someone could give me a clue as to how else to find out about local events, preferable in the Exeter area.

Lately the blog reading has included learning about Prezi and the difference between Activists and Advocates. An internet search reveled no local groups for advocating or being a friend of our local public library. The children and I use the library regularly, and I can write reviews on the web praising the space and staff, but it all seems a bit limited. Even checking out Facebook for the Exeter Central Library shows a generic tag page with nothing else.

I guess the solution to all this is to network more specifically in the local area, to pursue finding a mentor, and use their encouragement to host my own event - will see if that works out....

No comments: