Tuesday 28 June 2011

Following on from the CPD-23 Things, and heading into Thing 3, I followed up on the suggestion of Googling my name. Despite now having a blog, that didn't come up at all (not sure why), but I was glad that my facebook account didn't appear either. Interestingly enough I did come up through Exeter University's web site, both in the role I am now doing, and in other extra places such as Induction Facilitator and Sustainability Representative. I took some time to update my Linked-In Account, but am still not sure if that's the route to take. Will continue following the progress of others as they take on Social Networking and am interested to see where this will go.

3 comments:

Annie Gleeson said...

It can take a while for Google's "spiders" to add new websites into their database I think!

Katie Birkwood said...

Annie's right about the delay with Google - it can take a while, sometimes. I also can't see your full name anywhere on the blog - if it's not there, Google can't index it!

Rachel Dawson said...

thanks for the feedback, will see if I can amend the settings, and get comments emailed to me so I don't miss them